Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dread Pirate Bunny Progress



Well some progress has been made. I don't want to copy the scarf exactly, that wouldn't be ethical, but I am finding that the chart I did isn't quite up to snuff. There are several things at this point that definitely need improvement or change. The crossbones need to more diagonal, and I need to figure out why my stitches are doing that weird thing at the bottom.

Looking at the chart, the picture and the small knitted sample above, mine is much smaller, the crossbones are wrong, but that's OK, I can fix it later. One is taken by the iCamera the other is scanned, the scanned one is vertical.

I haven't posted the chart, because I don't want to give the impression that it is in anyway done or the final product. I really wanted to document the process and progress as I knit and refine the pattern idea.

So far not so good.

SAMPLE: Knit with Bernat Softee Chunky 100% Acrylic in Black and White on size 10-1/2 (US) needles.

Notes for improvement based on current sample.
Changes:
Yarn to worsted weight (perhaps sport?)
Refine / define Crossbones.
Change Needle size, to 8 or 7 (US)
What is up with the stitches at the center bottom?

No comments: